View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 17, 2019, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Many of us wear our jackets pregame for up to fifteen minutes. We don't spend the entire ten minute halftime on the floor. Here in my little corner of Connecticut, we normally get back on the court with about a minute to go in the intermission, with, or without, the three minute warning. No need for a jacket to keep warm for a minute, or two.

I know guys that keep their jackets on for warmth in the locker room during almost the entire halftime intermission.

I wear mine pregame, not for the warmth, but because it looks good.

If I forget and leave the jacket at the table prior to the halftime intermission, I can still grab it after the final buzzer.

If I wear my jacket on the court through the entire halftime intermission, and I forget and leave the jacket at the table post game, I may have to make the long trek back to the school from home once I discover my jacket is missing. Hopefully it will still be there after a few days in the locker room.
In my area, we wear our jackets for pregame, and re-appear on the floor with 3 minutes remaining in halftime at most. If it is a subvarsity game with a shortened halftime, we might only be there with 1 minute left in halftime. Because we are on the floor for a very short time in halftime, and our gyms are usually warm, we do not wear our jackets for halftime, although we retrieve our jackets before we retire to the locker room for halftime. I would not abolish the jacket, because every level of basketball uses pre-game jackets. If NBA officials wear jackets before their games, and it is the policy of my association(s) to wear jackets, I will be wearing mine before my scholastic games.

Last edited by ilyazhito; Wed Apr 17, 2019 at 02:52pm.