View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 11, 2019, 01:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
Re: the step backs play 1 & 2. NFHS rules if he's got the ball in two hands (or has in the official's mind ended his dribble) with that plant foot on the floor then pushes back into a hop if he doesn't land on 2 simultaneously its a travel.

NOW:

- That is the rule in NCAA and NFHS. FIBA, NBA, etc that is not a travel anymore. I concede it is an NCAA game so move on.
The NF and NCAA Rules on this are exactly the same. There is no difference so not sure what you are talking as to say what it no longer is at the NF level. I cannot and will not speak for FIBA or the NBA as I do not work those levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
- The when in Rome factor. Reality of spacial advantage is not realisitcally that drastic from landing on 2 and a quick 1-2. So ignoring/choosing to allow the move isn't creating that drastic of an advantage and is one the high level players/coaches/leagues are now expecting to be allowed regardless of how rule of written.

Could you call it a travel and be right by rule. You betcha. I don't have to make that determination anymore because regardless its not a travel in my rule set.
Well just so you know, the NCAA Men's side as one of the directives they talk about all the time is traveling and moves like this. We do not see a lot of these moves at the NCAA level, but I have seen them called or similar moves called. I would not be surprised if the NCAA highlights this move or another move in this game to talk about traveling at some point.

Peace