View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 07, 2019, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
With much praise to him, this appeared to be the JA show from the get go. He seemed quite hyped on his movements and calls. I can refer to a few plays but in particular one stands out. I think it was in the second half and there was a double whistle with JA as C. L calls the foul and signal a block and it was quite clear that indeed it was a block. JA, with other whistle, posts, holds, and then well after the L makes his blocking signal, JA then makes his adamant blocking signal. I do not recall ever seeing that type of situation. It was almost as if JA was confirming the L's call by performing, again adamantly, the same signal.

There might be a Teddy clone in the making.
I wonder if there is something about that situation that might not be caught up by the tv production and that was the volume of the facility. How loud was it when that call was made? Was this a situation where the player called for the foul heard both whistles and the actions by JA were not directed to his partner, but to the player to indicate that I had the same call as my partner, so don't even try questioning it?