View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2019, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

I saw the aftermath in the studio and the rules analyst Gene said to the rest of the panel, mostly former college/NBA players, that after the block and coming down out of bounds, that player would need to get BOTH feet back in bounds before he could again touch the ball. Everyone agreed. But that isn't the rule, right? He just needs to get one foot back in, or any part of his body for that matter (knee, elbow?), as long as no part of the rest of his body was still out of bounds.

Right??? It seems like this is a rule that MANY in the game misunderstood, that you need to get both feet back in, not just one. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything new, thanks,

I would also agree with the person above that pointed out that Higgins would have been looking high, watching for arm then body contact, seeing the shooter to the ground, and the immediate switch to the need to see where the blocker landed is a tough transition in the mind. At the point he even realizes what the defender may be able to accomplish, that defender is airborne and it's too late. And lead may very well not be looking out there, instead watching for activity underneath. just a tough circumstance.