View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I saw this play and wanted to see what you guys thought about the timing of it all. I had almost this exact play this year, except the foul was definitely during the continuous motion. I didn't actually call it. I was Lead and my partner at Trail called the foul on the defense as an offensive player was shooting a three pointer. He came to me before he reported anything to make sure he should count the basket, which we did. The coach from the defensive team could not understand how a basket could count since the foul happened before the shot was released.
I've had similar situations, but normally what I've seen is the ball in flight and the foul is on the defense trying to get position for a rebound. They don't understand why the offense gets credit for the basket and gets the ball. Had to eject a hothead from a game over this last season during wRECk ball. He pulled the rule book out to try showing us the rule on the floor while were administering his first T for telling us (and everyone in the gym) how blanking great we were doing. The funniest part is, the player is also a MS coach in the area and I had his team later in the week. He actually apologized and said we were right on the call, but still didn't think he should have been tossed.