View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 19, 2019, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The rules on continuous motion are the same at the NCAA level and NF level. I would have made the very same decision at either level. The issue is if they were in the motion when the foul took place. And they have one shot to make that call. I think that was a tough decision either way. I think there is a reasonable debate to make either way. Often the calling official is not the one that sees the motion of the shooter in this situation with clarity.

Peace
In many instances I can agree with not seeing the foul and the shot, however the way this particular play ended up I find it hard to understand why the officials could in any way conclude the foul happened while the shooter was in his continuous motion. The shooter had to stop his motion and restart to let the fouled player fly by. That might be the first clue to an official even if they didn't see the contact.

The fact the call was so late on the foul is also very questionable. The official doesn't even start to react to the foul until the Florida player who was fouled has his hands on the floor to break his fall. The whistle is even later.

This is a play the NCAA needs to allow to be reviewed no mater what point of the game the situation occurs.