View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

So I.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Hickland
Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
This almost happened yesterday, me and my boss were discussing it and could not come to concensus. He is 10 year official and pee-wee head coach on Sunday(of course I got his sideline).
His team is punting, I am with deep kid. Ball is bounding and a K player almost first touches at the R25(lets say he does), now as R33 is chasing towards the 10YL, R40 lays out K55 with a block in the back at the 20YL and ball rolls OOB at the 16. Yellow hankie at the 20, bean bags at 25 and 16.
I say enforce from end of kick...1/10 for R at the 8YL. Big boss hog seems to think it should be an enfocement from the first touching by K or maybe from the spot of the foul.

What say yee???????
Maybe Big Boss should digest the Rule Book. End of kick. PSK is to correct problem of foul occurring before change of possession where in the past the ball would have been returned to the previous spot and if K had less than 10 yards to the line-to-gain it would have been a first down for K.

Good call!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even got the ol-timers working R and U!!! U thoughtwe had a first touch(we did not).

Basics of PSK(as told to me)Was, K is giving the ball up via a scrimmage kick, if R fouls, K was still giving up the ball, thus, penalize r with PSK and they still have posession.