View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 04, 2019, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Thoughts:

1. Was the coach notified of the DQ prior to the 3rd T? If so, it’s a bench T and the coach sits. Still an additional T charged to that team member (not that that makes much difference at this point), but indirect to the coach as well.

2. I don’t think there’s anything that prevents the third T from being called, and certainly it was warranted. However, piling on indefinitely after this would make a travesty of the game. So at this point I think there are three possible outcomes:

a. You provide a little slack, work with the coach if he/she is cooperative, and the player calms down and sits. Continue on with the game.

b. Eject the player with adult supervision. This sounds like one of those rare cases where that may be necessary. Ensure the supervision is aware of the importance of that task for liability purposes.

c. If the player refuses to comply with ejection, this constitutes a failure to comply with a technical foul penalty, and if the coach can’t control the situation (which is quite possible in a HS rec league), then declare a forfeit.

Of course after the game, call and report to the assignor as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk