View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 23, 2019, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

First of all, I loved the get. L is right on top of it (maybe he could have been a little wider but that’s a different discussion), and he’s assessing body contact on the drive and correctly not calling that contact. Meanwhile up top there’s shooting arm contact...probably twice actually. That’s a great time for a secondary whistle. Roy saw it...he knew; he had the same look as C. Hoped he had caught a break and then the late whistle came.

As for the time, I agree the foul came around 1.6, but the signal was around 0.3. I thought you had to go with the signal, but maybe I’m wrong?

In an NFHS game, with that much of a gap between horn and whistle where everyone in the gym knows there should still be some time, hopefully I actually saw something on the clock to educate me. If not, that’s what I tell the table anyway. I always use odd numbers because they’re less suspicious. In this case, 0.3 or 0.5 sounds about right. =) If it’s more bang bang whistle and horn, I follow the NFHS guidance of putting no time back and shooting the FTs with the lane clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk