View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2019, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
How do you give a technical foul to a coach or manager? Are they listed in the book anywhere? I just did a game last week with a girl on the bench that was their scorekeeper. If someone on the crew gave her a technical foul, she was clearly not in the book (wrong gender to play) and she was sitting squarely in the middle of the bench. I point this out because she got hit in the head with an errant pass and looked like she had a concussion. We would not go through the same procedures for her being there on the bench. So if she got froggy and got a T, I think we can record that in the book appropriately.

The same person has to be removed from the game. And in the case I gave, that person is not a player and can be removed like any other person that is not a player.

Peace
I see what you are saying however...

Coaches are listed in the book, at least in my area. never seen a book without one listed. As far as a manager, I am not worries as they will not be entering the game. Nor will a scorekeeper. My point was regarding a standard player, with which we are all familiar. They are dressed like their teammates, warmed up with them, and even played in several previous games...you know, a standard player. If that player got a T, then it must be recorded some place. If they got another T, they would be ejected an unable to play the next game (at least in our area). So it would not be like removing any other person. This is a very specific team member, for which the coach simply forgot to add their name/number to the book.

The footnote idea would work but it seems too generic and unofficial. It just seems odd to footnote a player's number that was never even listed. What if the coach refuses to give his name? Now the recorded number is irrelevant as the coach could just give him a different jersey number the next game. My point is that this situation should be addressed more formally.

Not arguing, just saying that there should be a better, as written by rule, way to handle it.