View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2019, 12:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Why do "we" tend to do that? Because still, in spite of the clinical imprecations of J.D. and others for us to go up with a closed-fist stop clock signal first, too many of "we" still impulsively go up with two fists in the air at first contact which is the habitual precursor of the dynamic fist-banging on the hips, thus the default block. The beginning habit compels the end call, regardless the inaccuracy.
I cannot explain why other people do this, but I think it is easier to justify a blocking foul because most people do not understand the rule. And I am not talking about the officials. I am talking about the coaches and players and even fans. Usually, PC fouls are more controversial in nature. You get all kinds of comments as if to suggest there is no way you could have called a PC foul, even though all the rules requirements are met. Even Camaron's position to me is part of the problem. Because he is asking for the defender to be damn near perfect in order to have a PC foul when the rules and even the administrators like JD are clearly saying things like this should be called a PC foul. No one made a stink over this call when the officials called this foul. It would have been minutes of Bilas going on and on about how that is not a PC foul and how the NCAA needs to address the issue over what appears to many her as a clear PC foul.

Peace