View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 09, 2019, 11:42pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I was irritated that there was not a Comment Section.

Specifically:

Part II, Question #9: Have you observed any of the following this year? An increase in secondary defenders drawing player-control fouls near the basket.

The inclusion of this question indicates that the person or committee does not understand the Fundamental Principle of the Guarding Rule: That A1 should expect to be Guarded from the instant that he/she gains PC of the Ball and to be Guarded continuously until he/she no longer has PC of the Ball. The FP means that if A1 eludes B1 that he/she expect to be immediately Guarded by B2. The FP means that there is no such thing as a "secondary defender".

This lack of knowledge of the FP is why the NCAA Men's and Women's Committees added such nonsense as: 1) the RA and 2) the definition of "secondary defender", as well as the Women's Committee defining an area of the Court as the Lower Defensive Block.

I am stepping down from my soap box and going to bed now. Good night all and sweet dreams!

MTD, Sr.

The concept of a secondary defender exists in HS basketball and is covered directly in the mechanics manual.

The momentum is there - I predict there will be a restrictied area in NFHS rules in the next 3-5 years and a shot clock will be blessed -- by state association -- adoption in a similar timeframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro