View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2019, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
I’m pretty sure I saw that article on ESPN and I think the slant of the article was that while yes some people have latched onto the fact that 4 guys are from South California, the bigger issue is the perception problem the NFL created for itself. I think we can all agree that is an issue based on the countless threads about dealing with perception issues when taking assignments on our level. I’m not saying nobody anywhere has suggested bias or cheating. I’m just saying I haven’t seen anything widespread and I haven’t had an in person conversation with a single person that has made any such implication about the refs.

I’m not saying there aren’t some that have spewed conspiracy theories, but from my personal perspective, I haven’t heard or seen enough for me to immediately link that comment to an implication of cheating, bias, etc. Maybe I’m naive or not jaded or paranoid enough to go there, but I honestly didn’t when I read the OP. I asked my initial question because I honestly didn’t go there with my interpretation of the comment, but anyone on the other side of the spectrum on this can certainly issue a T as it’s a judgement situation.