View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
OK, the OP asked the question about whether LGP was aquired and it seemed pretty obvious to me. Somebody tell me where I'm wrong. Isn't LGP established shortly after the ball crosses the division line?
Great question. For the record I think he's got LGP and its a Charge.

There are some guys out there that believe every time the offense changes their attack angle or line the defense needs to re-establish a new LGP. IE. if the offense gets to the angle/line first d isn't moving sideways to maintain anymore they are re-establishing. Basically putting the owner ship on the defense to anticipate and beat the offense to the new line or angle.

So in this case the first step to the middle on the take would in some people's eyes require the d to get back to square to the offense with both feet before contact.

I like you think he had position and maintained it. By the above standard he would not have gotten new LGP in time and just been a body in a spot on the floor.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!

Last edited by Pantherdreams; Tue Jan 29, 2019 at 02:18pm.