View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Appreciate all the feedback.

The league is well run and while there have been some real "gems" as coaches over the years, a lot of the guys volunteering their time to coach are guys that have come up through the lower level leagues into the middle school and HS leagues that they ask me to work each year. I guess there's a reason for that...

I am the longest tenured official in the league (and former board member) and fully understand what they want from their coaches. With that, I probably hand out more Ts than anyone else because of that and I am backed fully by the board, the individual league commissioners and the league president on my on court decisions. In all my years working and being not only an official but an extension of the board, they've never NOT backed a T or and ejection (there's been a few coaches, players and fans tossed)..

The comment about the Saints wasn't something directly said to me, as I was hearing the conversation with his other coach. Now I believe I know full well what he was referring too but I wasn't about to go fishing and again, it wasn't something that was overly demonstrative or heard by anyone outside the bench area and me as I was at T. Once he got loud , I gave the warning. He persisted so he got wacked.

I just found his comments after the T to be rather funny and I'll see him again this week and it will all be good. If not, we'll deal with any behavior accordingly. If the league feels the coach is out of line, they'll remove him from coaching. I don't see this guy being THAT dude.