View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2019, 05:40pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefsNCoaches View Post
Working my youth league over the weekend (I've been with this league 19 season...was on their board of directors for about 6 years...good league, good board and for the most part, coaches "get it")...

They have a code of conduct form that coaches, players and parents must sign....now that and a paperclip will get you a nice paper airplane but...at least they are trying...

So newer coach in the league got a warning after some comments about calls during the 4th quarter...

One of his comments while I was in front of his bench at T position was "This is how the Saint's lost", talking to his assistant coach but I knew what he was referring to......and then on the very next play at his end of the floor L had a no call in the lane and he says, "You can't be serious!!!???"

Given what the league wants...and the comment was loud enough to be heard by more than just me in front of the bench....I hit the whistle and issued a warning to him and he proceeds to say again, "But you can't be serious, ref?" pretty loudly and passionately..., so I T'd him up.

As I turned to report...He says "I guess he was serious" and he just sat down....

No more complaints.

At least he didn't call you Shirley!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio