View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 26, 2019, 12:39pm
Official Forum Member

questions from watching a JV game

Three questions I wasn't sure about from a game before my son's:
(1) TO called. Sub comes in (I believe beckoned by one official) after the TO but well before the ball is ready to be put into play. Other official makes sub go back, apparently saying he couldn't sub b/c he didn't come in during the TO. Is that right?
(2) Team is not on the court when HT buzzer goes off. Still not back. Other HC asking for a T. Official goes to the locker room. About 30 seconds later, the team comes out. Should there have been a T? Is an official supposed to give a warning in the locker room and perhaps the officials forgot to?
(3) After a made basket by white, before the ball is inbounded, trail official comes running in. I *think* he called a T on a white player for swinging an arm (based on the arguments that followed, it was *probably* a swing at the arm of a player holding him, and (a so often happens) the second act got seen). Should that have been a technical or an intentional personal? Does it matter whether the team was yet attempting to inbound the ball? (I know it doesn't make much difference in real terms--but since the foul was in the backcourt, if it was a personal, the inbound would be in the backcourt rather than midcourt, right?)