View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2019, 12:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Defensive Team ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
All of this should be the throwing team’s option. The rules of the game are not written for the convenience of the officials. Move!
That's great for the offensive team, what about the defensive team? During the timeout the defensive coach sticks his head out of the huddle and asks, "Where's the ball?", your partner points to you with the ball, the coach goes back into his huddle and sets up his defense accordingly. After the timeout the offensive team now asks for a different throwin location.

Is that fair to the defensive team?

Mechanics teach us to always stand with the ball at the after timeout throwin location, there's a reason for this mechanic, so that both teams know where the ball will be administered to the inbounder.

We've discussed this before. Can anybody find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Force girl to start inbound on your side of the basket, just tell her to run across the lane as it only takes a second anyway.
My opinion. Officials should stay in the same positions as before the timeout, but it's just my opinion, don't have a rule, or caseplay to back it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Bounce the ball across the lane to where the girl is starting.
I'm not a big fan of bouncing the ball across the lane, never allowed by IAABO mechanics.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jan 23, 2019 at 12:47pm.