View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2019, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianaref View Post
This is a three person Varsity game. Late 2nd half. I am lead table side, Team A scores a 3 and immediately request a time out. Coming out of T/O, I am naturally the new Trail table side. Team A is setting up for full court pressure. I indicate to B1 that she has the right to run the end line. Because of the pressure, I always hand the ball to the player. Just before I hand ball to B1, Coach of team B wants B1 to cross over to the opposite side and asks for me to bounce pass across the lane. Is this procedure ok? Should I have gone opposite table to make this happen? Doing so would make my two partners move, besides, that was not my original position before the timeout. Any feedback and references are greatly appreciated.
I would recommend adjusting your practice of handing the ball every time in this scenario. I always bounce the ball on a sideline or a backcourt endline throw-in, and if you did, then the player can just go over there if that is what the coach wants without forcing the rotation.