View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 03:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I pregame to let shot blockers block shots. If it is a clean block up top there needs to be some severe contact down low to come out with a "with the body" call, such as going through the shooter and knocking him down or into the wall. I cannot stand that nonsensical "he got 'em with the body" cop out on plays such as this video. This play was an obvious no-call. Not even a play worth remembering or talking about after the game.
The only reason we talked about it was the Lead asked later our opinion on the play. The coach's reaction also prompted that discussion as well. Also, the official in question is a newly hired D1 official and is one of the nices guys to be around and work with. He works with the White Sox as well and a local small college. He is that guy that makes more jokes of himself than he does to treat anyone with any disrespect. So that conversation after the game was a guy I love and respect so much asking for our opinion.

One last point, the supervisor of the conference wants us to put out plays that are good and bad that we may have gotten right. So this was a play I put on a website we were asked to join and felt it was a good discussion tool. That is why I have posted some of these plays that involve me. I put out a lot of other stuff about others, so why not take the heat too sometimes.

Peace