View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 17, 2019, 01:57pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
We all saw this play on some level and did not at all think it was a foul. It was probably one of the most talked about play after the game.

And not directed at anyone, but why are officials seem to be so concerned with body contact? Every block potentially has body contact on them. If a player is not knocked completely to the floor or the contact took place way after clear blocking the ball, why are we so eager to advocate calling a foul. Not directed at anyone in this thread, but it just seems like that is something I hear and read all the time when plays like this take place.

I pregame to let shot blockers block shots. If it is a clean block up top there needs to be some severe contact down low to come out with a "with the body" call, such as going through the shooter and knocking him down or into the wall. I cannot stand that nonsensical "he got 'em with the body" cop out on plays such as this video. This play was an obvious no-call. Not even a play worth remembering or talking about after the game.