View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 10, 2019, 03:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Basketball happens really fast.. Split second decisions. We talk about who last touched ball before going OB. Did violation happen before foul? I think we should be able to talk on these and figure out right call. Our football friends get to throw a fkag and then pick it up. I don’t think we should be locked in on these when each guy is reacting in split second. Let them talk and if each is firm..then do double foul thing...BLOW AND HOLD from the outside also helps avoid these situations.
Officials do not do that often and it is done when there are rules that apply that would make an action not illegal. They do not pick up holding calls just because someone disagrees with the call. You might pick up a defensive pass interference because the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage, where another official does not even rule on PI rules. If there is a play at the pylon, those plays are ruled on one way or the other and cannot just decide not to make the call. Something has to be called. We just have a rule that says we cannot just arbitrarily pick one and I think in general that is a good rule. Because officials do not need to sell every call IMO.

Peace