View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 08, 2019, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Been there. Done that.

Contact the high school guidance department.

Back when I was teaching middle school, I was also the National Junior Honor Society adviser. We decided to give an annual scholarship to a high school senior who had been a member of our middle school honor society.

We set up a criteria for selection (academics, school service, community service, etc.), and used the high school's "generic" scholarship application. The high school guidance department publicized the scholarship, and collected the applications. A small group of middle school teachers (same group that voted in our honor society members) selected the winner, we notified the high school, and all I had to do was show up with a check (from our dues and talent show fund raiser) at the high school scholarship ceremony.

Both of my daughters received scholarships from the town's recreation softball league. Only one had continued to play softball through high school but the scholarship was based on academic achievement. Along with a check, they both received a bat with an small engraved plaque, both of which are still displayed in our home.

This is a great idea, good luck.
Thanks BillyMac...all good ideas. I like the idea of a plaque as part of the award also. Hadn't thought of that!