View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 05:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Smooth Operator (Sade, 1984) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
This does not make much sense. The shot clock operator must have very confused when there was a throw-in in the front court.
Not really. The frontcourt throwin is always accompanied by a chop the time in signal (no such signal after a made basket throwin). Just touching the ball will do it for both starting the game clock and stating the shot clock, with no visible or nonvisible ten second count (unless it goes into the backcourt) to be out of synch (in the olden days before the rule change) with the shot clock.

The shot clock operator (back then) was confused by a throwin after a made basket, with no chop the time in signal, and (incorrectly) waiting for me to start my visible (back then) ten second count (control) to start the shot clock.

I've had really confused shot clock operators starting the shot clock as a the ball goes though the basket.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 06, 2019 at 05:58pm.