View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 03:44pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Poor Throwin Ricocheted Off Of Several Players ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
I am not going to argue that you changed the "(after a made basket)" part but the fact you had to tell a shot clock operator this is very strange if you did not change it.
I may have added "after a made basket" to clarify the situation.

It happened several years ago, before shot clock/ten second rules were changed for Connecticut prep schools, we were still using visible ten second counts (starting with control, like NFHS rules), and I believed that the shot clock operator was delaying the shot clock start until I started my visible ten second count, it was very apparent after a poor throwin ricocheted off of several players before control was established.

Connecticut private prep schools use hybrid NCAA/NFHS rules that were not very well documented. It took me (who doesn't know NCAA rules very well) a ton of effort (and two years) to get the rule changed from three feet (back) to six feet for girls closely guarded. Private prep schools are always a dollar short and a day late when it comes to rule changes. This makes it hard for our NCAA guys to work their games (do I use new NCAA rules or old NCAA rules?) especially with little written documentation (it's better now). And the rules often change from school to school, some schools allow pregame dunking, some don't, we have to ask.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 06, 2019 at 03:57pm.