View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 02:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Need For Annual Interpretation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
2008-09 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations
SITUATION 8: A1 is dribbling in his/her frontcourt when B1 deflects the ball into A's backcourt. The ball is bouncing toward the end line in A's backcourt while A1 and B1 give chase. B1 and A1 each contact the ball, but neither gains control. Finally, after numerous attempts by each player, A1 gains possession deep in A's backcourt. When does the 10-second count begin anew for Team A? RULING: The count starts as soon as the ball goes into the backcourt since team control has not ended. (4-12-3; 9-8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You have been doing this in 8 years and have not figured out when a 10-second count starts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... the question clearly shows you do not understand the very basics of what you are asking.
While agree with JRutledge that knowing when to start the ten second count is a very basic rule that all of us learned the very first year we officiated, the fact that the NFHS chose to make this an annual interpretation with no relevant rule change leads me to speculate that the NFHS felt that more than just two or three of us were waiting to start a new count until the ball was touched or controlled (by a player) in the backcourt in this specific situation.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 06, 2019 at 02:39pm.