View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 01:31pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
When I'm at a game site, I use the rulebook and casebook to get a quick answer (I don't own a smartphone, long story).

When I'm taking my annual take-home open-book Refresher Exam, I have the rulebook and casebook by my side.

But when I'm home with my packed equipment bag downstairs near the door, or in the back seat of my car, I know how to get a relatively quickly answer to a question, I ask the Forum (or use its search tool).

Sometimes there is no quick answer, usually because the NFHS has done a poor job regarding some interpretations, but I'm very likely to get a quick correct answer using the Forum in many cases.
Don't miss the point Billy. There are several resources to get this answer. There are even Simplified and Illustrated books, Rules by Topic, Referee Magazine articles and tests, online websites, and even rulebooks online if you look hard enough. If you are going to be in your feelings about the answers you get, then use the multiple resources to find the answer. And if someone gives you an answer, how are you going to know they are telling you the right reference? It means you might have to still look it up.

Peace