View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 05, 2019, 11:03am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I think I would not have done what he did, but in the heat of the moment who knows what could happen. Also I am not Karl Hess. He has been to the Final Four six (?) times and can get away with things I cannot.

That being said, it is so hypocritical for these coaches to b*tch and moan and act like lunatics on the sideline and justify it by saying they're "standing up for their guys," then to pay lip service to "professionalism" when an official stands up for himself.
My point exactly. And that is why I would really like to know what the coach said for that to even happen. I have learned the more I officiate the more I know who I am and what I can get away with the more I had accomplished stuff and the officials around me understood the same things. Hess knows what he can get away with or how if he gets in trouble is going to hurt him. He might not care because he realizes where he is on the career arc. There are people still trying to impress the right people and Hess clearly is not trying to do that anymore. Funny the coach never admits to what he said to Hess and that tells me he was probably being a dick and a bigger dick challenged him. IJS.

Peace