View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2019, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIgiantslayers View Post
I'm curious about how the esteemed members of this forum handle this type of thing. I don't get it often, if ever but I had a coach earlier this season try to lobby for a call before the game even started. After captain/coaches meeting, we were standing in our spots near half court with like 4:00 before tip. Coach walks up and asks a question about waist bands then makes a comment like "just so you know, I watched a lot of film and 30 carries the ball every trip down." I just turned and walked away because I have very little patience for coaches acting like jerks and I thought that was pretty annoying. My partners humored him. I ended up getting his PG twice in the first 5 min for illegal dribbles, and he was a prick the whole game. Any thoughts on this type of crap?

It seems like the coaches who act like nice guys pregame end up being the worst lately.
Yes. The purpose of the "coaching" box doesn't include acting like a prick the whole game. Give the warning early and follow through if the coach doesn't get the message. And do it before halftime.