View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 01, 2019, 04:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Play 4 was not a foul. Defender did not extend the armbar, nor did he dislodge the offensive player. Therefore, not a foul under those criteria. I would argue that the offensive player was within the post area, defined as the three-second lane and approximately three feet outside the lane, and thus not a foul on that criteria either.
I get all of that, but he clearly was outside the post area if you see . He was about 2 or 3 feet outside of the post area tick (located on the end line) and I even tried to talk him out of his hands being on the ball handler. We were told to call this pretty strictly and I even gave the player a chance but he never listened (I usually say "hands, space" or something like that) if they are technically illegal.

Rarely do I ever have these situations. Usually they are clearly in the area and they are legal. That is why I pointed to there area and even said at the foul, "Way outside of the post area" to sell the reason why I called the foul. Otherwise this is not a foul in the post area. But it is anywhere else on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Play 3 correct call. Although not a big fan of having whistles on plays going away from calling official. C should have moved to get a better look instead of leaning to see the play. Would have been a better whistle coming from C.
I just stayed with the play here. I do not think the issue was what the C was doing. I am not a fan of calling things going away from me anymore, but in this case the player entirely started with me and was easy to see. But I would prefer to stay away from most of these kinds of plays and have done a much better job this year.

Peace