View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 30, 2018, 12:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No Conflict Of Interest ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I retired from teaching middle school and coaching middle school basketball over ten years ago ... I did block out the high school in my system until about two years ago since I was very close to both the boys and girls coaches and the athletic director. After they all moved on I took off the high school block (I've got them on the road after the holidays) ...
Worked my first home town (school system that I taught in, and coached in) high school game ever (almost forty years) yesterday (girls junior varsity), on the road. Didn't know a single person in the stands, didn't know any players, didn't know the junior varsity coach.

It was just another game.

I do know the varsity coach (he's a new official, wants to officiate in the summer, he's a teacher and wants to make some extra money), but from my coaching days (he was at a different high school at the time), we would bump into each other coaching at summer camps, there are more than a few of these coaches in our officiating area, I haven't coached at a summer camp in almost fifteen years.

Home junior varsity coach (whom I also knew from my camp coaching days) yanked my chain during game "Hey BillyMac, didn't you use to teach in (town)?". I replied, "It's been almost fifteen years". He replied (smiling), "Well, OK, no problem, but how about calling them both ways?".

I still block off the middle school that I taught at, and coached at, home and on the road.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 30, 2018 at 01:05pm.