View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 26, 2018, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Crosscountry,

The leagues that use it here are our area's stronger public school leagues. Our shot clock operator pool is pretty strong out here. Most of the experienced ones go thru at least half a season without a CE involving the clock. The most common one I've seen is inadvertent reset but they're able to correct pretty quickly using recall or they happened to catch a glance of where it was at prior to reset.

I’m not saying your shot clock operators are necessarily good or bad. But they are human, and having that third official dramatically reduces P-subB (probability of bufoonery). Furthermore, at the end of the day, the officials are responsible for SC decisions, not clock operators. All the more reason that games with 2-person crews and shot clocks are really a lot to ask of a crew. I would know; I’m living that headache in RI this year.

I’m just surprised that such a powerhouse state as CA isn’t universally using 3-person by now. Got it, looks like the big leagues in the LA area are. But what about the smaller leagues and other sections? For example, isn’t most of the San Diego section still 2-person? San Diego is the eighth largest metro area in the country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk