View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 24, 2018, 12:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Conflict Of Interest ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... conflict of interest ...
I retired from teaching middle school and coaching middle school basketball over ten years ago.

Over the past ten years I had a day job that prevented me from doing any mid-afternoon games. I did block out the high school in my system until about two years ago since I was very close to both the boys and girls coaches and the athletic director. After they all moved on I took off the high school block (I've got them on the road after the holidays).

In my new life this year as a subvarsity official, now retired from my day job, I forgot about my middle school. Back when I was there their games were assigned locally, not by my local board's assignment commissioner. It never dawned on me that I would be assigned one of their games.

Sure enough, I got assigned a home game at my middle school. At first I was going to keep it, it's been more than ten years, but I know many teachers, administrators, and both coaching staffs, so I turned back the game, and blocked out boys and girls, home and on the road.

I don't need any headaches, or to lose any sleep. There are plenty fish in the sea.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 24, 2018 at 01:04pm.