View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2018, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
In my experience, if games are cancelled while I am in transit, I am paid half of the game fee ($40 for a JV baseball game, $44 for a varsity baseball game). However, if I am on site, but the game is cancelled without me being notified (I have signed up for Arbiter Connected, so I receive both email updates and text messages about games), I am paid the full game fee ($80 for JV baseball, $88 for varsity baseball). This had also happened to me in other sports, and I was also paid full fees when a game was cancelled without me being notified (once was a softball game when the Maryland School for the Deaf and St. Andrews booked two sets of umpires, both in Frederick (where Maryland School for the Deaf is based) and in Potomac (where St. Andrews is), the game was played in Potomac, but the game assigned in Frederick was not cancelled in the Arbiter).

ODog, is this also the case in your part of MA?
Some AD's are much better in how they treat officials than others. Personally my favorite AD's are the ones who also have worked or still work as officials, because they know what officials deal with. My least favorites are the ones who are also current coaches in a school because they treat all officials like they treat the officials on their games, and they often are so worried about their sport they neglect the other sports when it comes to officials.