View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 22, 2018, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
A free thrower has the ball at his disposal. 1st of 2 shots. The score keeper inadvertently sounds the horn. A couple of seconds pass with no confusion on the players behalf. The shooter stayed focused on his shot and makes it. No whistle by any of the officials. The crew checks with the table. The crew looks absolutely confused. The administering official waves off the made free throw. In the end, the player made both (3 total) so no harm really. I am 99.999 percent sure it should have counted. Is there something I am missing where it is correct to not count this point?
I don't know if I am correct, but I would have counted the first free throw. Given the description, there was a couple seconds worth of time in which the players would have had time to react and given that they did not react, there was no interference by the sounding of the horn, thus play on.

Where this could be tricky is if it was a 2nd shot and a player did not go for a rebound after hearing the horn.

Personally, as soon as that horn sounds, I am stopping the shooter and blowing my whistle so we can address the horn, then we shoot the shots required.