View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2018, 01:03pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Righteous ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1ns View Post
... remind that her that she is not allowed to stand and make gestures. Partner also sees her gesturing, and also reminds her not to stand ... head coach gets whacked by my partner.
Just curious, were any of the "reminders" official written warnings?

Are we to assume that the technical foul was for standing and gesturing? The description of events contains two "reminders" of such before the technical foul, but no statement of the reason for the actual technical foul.

Unless the is no coaching box in Iowa, or the head coach had lost the coaching box privilege, depending on its severity, the gesture alone (even without standing) may have been unsporting enough for a technical foul. Of course the standing does add something to the gesture.

No reason not to grant the timeout. Maybe the timeout was being confused with the rule regarding "substitutes" only before the final attempt and after the final attempt of multiple free throws, but that's only for personal fouls, not technical fouls.

While the technical foul may have been righteous, there are many questions to be answered.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 21, 2018 at 01:05pm.