Thread: Shoes
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2018, 03:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

History Of Basketball Officiating Shoes ...

There will be a quiz on this, so pay attention.

Styles change over the years. When I first started it was shoes that looked just like real street shoes (weighed a ton) but with a thick rubber waffle soul (Spot Bilts) that I actually got resoled every year. The uppers lasted forever and gave me great support. But they had to be polished every night.

Then we moved to sneaker like shoes, much lighter than the previous styles, and much more comfortable, but not very durable (replaced not resoled), with a flat finish that didn't have to be polished very often. And I could buy them in any store that sold athletic shoes, not just from an officiating dealer.

Then we moved to patent leather shoes (Zigs), and I paid more for these shoes than I ever paid for any kind of shoe in my entire life.

Now we're into mesh shoes, light, comfortable, and they breathe.

I had a pair of mesh training shoes for running on the treadmill at the gym, eventually my big toe tore though the mesh.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Dec 12, 2018 at 03:47pm.