View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 02:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Total ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
You listed $125 in fees and $150 in dues, that's $275. How is $275 plus 7% of each game justified?
Actually it's $125.00 dues, $150.00 fees ($150 is my 7% assignment fee (full varsity schedule), average on my board is $130).

While it may still not be justified, the $275 includes the 7% assignment fee. It's my total cost. Period.

I was trying to compare your fixed dues with mine.

It's hard to compare total fees when your assignment fee percentage may be different than mine.

Also hard to compare if many your guys belong to more than one high school assigning organizations, each with it's own dues and fees.

If you want to throw stones at out budget (which may be justified), I need to know as many specifics as I've given you.

What's your assignment fee percentage (if any)?

What percentage of your high school guys have to pay to belong to additional organizations to get a full high school schedule?

Do your dues include a banquet (it's 25% of my dues, or 10% of my total dues and fees)?

Bottom line for me is that it takes $275 of my hard earned money to pay for the annual membership in our local board, state membership, membership in IAABO International (includes NFHS rulebooks, casebooks, and mechanics manuals), a too classy meal at a high end banquet facility, exclusive access to high school assignments (no competition from other organizations), thus no additional dues or fees to other high school assigning organizations, and for me to get a full schedule of game assignments.

On the other side of the ledger, the $275 total for the year is equal to four subvarsity fees, or three varsity fees.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 10, 2018 at 03:15pm.