View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 02:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Assignment Fee ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I'm appalled by the additional 7% assignment fee.
We pay our assignment commissioner $32,025 annually to assign 325 members to over seventy high schools (boys, girls, varsity, junior varsity, freshman), and many middle schools, and pay $2,300 to Arbiter.

(I wouldn't assign for twice the pay.)

Assignment fees generate $42,700 (about $130 per member).

The last time our assignment fee went up (from 6%) our annual dues went down.

One way or another, the money is raised. One way or another, the money is spent.

Money is raised as a fixed amount (dues, same from all members), or as a percentage (assignment fee, varies from member to member).

We have a committee of several smart accountants that set our budget every year, and audit it six months later.

This committee sets the annual dues amount, that does vary slightly from year to year, based on the budget.

The budget is well publicized. We all see where every penny comes from, and where every penny is spent.

What are some common assignment fees in other areas?

Do any organizations just pay annual fixed fees (dues) and no assignment fee percentage?

Or vice versa, and just pay an assignment fee percentage?

Running an organization of 325 members covering over seventy high schools, in a very high cost of living state, isn't inexpensive.

I don't live in Hawaii, but I don't live in Mississippi either.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 10, 2018 at 02:45pm.