View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 01:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Exorbitant Is A Strong Word ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
$40 to the state, $45 to the association here. $35 if you choose to join IAABO annually. So not only do you have a monopoly in your state, they charge exorbitant prices just to work for them.
Putting aside the assignment fee, our annual dues of $125 includes the fee to the state and IAABO International dues.

Seems like your IAABO members (if they choose to) are paying $120.00 annually. Your non IAABO members are paying $85.00 per year.

So we're paying $40.00 more than your non IAABO members, and getting a classy (too classy in my opinion) meal at the end of the year (and membership to IAABO).

I'm not saying that our dues are not expensive, but let's compare apples to apples.

$125.00 is twice a subvarsity fee for us.

The double subvarsity fee gets one an annual membership in our local board, state membership, membership in IAABO International (includes NFHS rulebooks, casebooks, and mechanics manuals), a too classy meal at a high end banquet facility, and exclusive access to high school assignments (no competition from other organizations), thus no additional dues or fees to other high school assigning organizations (I've learned that many Forum members belong to more than one high school assigning organization).

All for the cost of two subvarsity fees.

How does that compare to your annual dues of $85.00?

How may subvarsity fees does it take to cover $85.00 (your non IAABO members)?

How may subvarsity fees does it take to cover $120.00 (your IAABO members)?

How many of your members belong to other high school assigning (and pay additional dues or fees) organizations (I've learned that many Forum members belong to more than one high school assigning organization).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Dec 10, 2018 at 02:38pm.