View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 12:43pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let Them Eat Cake (Marie Antoinette, 1843) …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
... would insulted if someone solicited me to throw in an additional $30 for a "banquet".
I apologize for being unclear, the banquet is built into everybody's annual dues (and the annual board budget), even if one doesn't go.

Of course this means that the approximately 33% of us that don't go subsidize the 67% of us that actually go, meaning the banquet cost per plate is actually more than the $30.00 per member that is built into our budget.

The banquet is a little too classy for my taste. When I started almost forty years ago we had our banquet in a church hall with a local caterer, eight foot folding tables, with paper tablecloths, and folding bridge chairs.

Then, for some reason, we upped the ante. Now we have our banquet at some of the finalist banquet facilities in the state.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they deducted $30.00 from our annual dues ($95.00 instead of $125.00) and made the year end banquet and awards ceremony a pay as you go affair, including a cash bar.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)