View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2018, 11:46am
Esteemed Forum Member

Guardians Of The IAABO Universe ...

From all the money that I give to my local IAABO board through dues and fees ($125.00 dues, $150.00 fees), approximately $35.00 goes directly to IAABO International.

The rest goes to running my local board, paying the assignment commissioner, stipends for officers (secretary/treasurer, assistant commissioner, interpreter), membership in our state interscholastic sports governing body, Arbiter fee, scholarships, banquet ($30.00 each), meeting facilities, hearing impaired interpreter, etc., stuff that most non-IAABO associations have to pay.

So what do I get for my $35.00 annual dues that go directly to IAABO International? I get the benefit of all the instructional resources that IAABO International provides, including instructional DVDs that are used by my local interpreters and trainers. I get an annual combined NFHS Rulebook and IAABO Mechanics Manual. I get an educational magazine several times a year. I have an opportunity to attend twice a year conventions to discuss rules, mechanics, and the instruction of such. I get some liability insurance.

I am aware of FIBA getting the short shrift, but IAABO International has been trying to improve it's FIBA training over the past few years, and will hopefully eventually get fully onboard the FIBA train.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)