Thread: mechanic q
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2018, 08:03pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
I believe IAABO 3-man procedure has the Lead official bounce the ball to the Thrower-in and the Trail observes the play has the Throw-in count
BillyMac... do you agree?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Correct. Page 148 of the IAABO Officials' Manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
For some reason this started in my part of Ohio several years ago. It was quickly abandoned.

I) Full Disclosure:

A) I am a Individual Member of IAABO.

B) I am a Past Member of the following IAABO National Committees:

i) Membership Development

ii) Rules Examination

iii) Officials' Education and Development

iv) Women's Coordinating

SniperBBB:

You are absolutely correct about the OhioHSAA, BUT I did not abandoned it in my games, LOL.

We know that, whether it is NFHS, NCAA Men's or Women's, NBA/WNBA, or FIBA, once there are Ten Players in the Front Court that Ball movement can dictate that the T's court coverage can actually make him a second C (and this is not necessarily a bad thing, while we want to avoid whenever possible having the C being a second T).

For reasons not germain to this discussion I do not have my NFHS, NCAA (CCA) Men's or Women's, NBA/WNBA, FIBA, or IAABO mechanics manuals available to me. But we know the following things:

1) NFHS and IAABO Two-Person Mechanics: Front Court Throw-ins on the Strong Side (L's Side) Side Line below the FT Line Extended shall be administered by the L.

2) NFHS Three-Person Mechanics: All Side Line Throw-ins shall be administered by the T.

3) IAABO Three-Person Mechanics: Front Court Throw-ins on the Strong Side (L's Side) Side Line below the FT Line Extended shall be administered by the L.

4) Front Court Throw-ins on the Strong Side (L's Side) Side Line below the FT Line Extended shall be administered by the L: If my memory serves me correctly (because among FIBA, NBA/WNBA, and NCAA Men's and Women's games I have only watched were Kansas' men's team and YSU's men's and women's teams and I honestly did not watch the officials) NCAA Men's and Women's, NBA/WNBA, and FIBA for this situation is the same as Item (3) but I could be wrong and I am sure that someone will come along and correct me.

That said, I much prefer Item (3). I will not go back to my pos-dinner pre-MNF Game nap.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio