View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 28, 2018, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Cheerleaders on the baseline in a double file formation

I was texting with my buddy about this last night, as he had a situation in his game and it's becoming more and more of a pet peeve of mine. Here's his situation:

Away cheerleaders along the baseline lined up two deep in a staggered formation. Here's my best drawing:

x x x x x
x x x x
-------------|---------------------

Vertical line is the lane line. Multiple times during the girls' game, he comes close to stepping on a foot as he's at the L and has very little space to move in that area. Start of boys game, first time down, he steps on one's foot. They are just NOT moving at all, standing their ground in a way that Patton would admire. He has enough and says something to the effect of "girls, we're not doing this all night. You've got to go single file." They don't move and he hears them making some smartass comments among themselves. He ignores it and moves on as game action increases.

A few possessions later, he steps on the foot again and looks at the girl and she STARES HIM DOWN!!! He stopped the game, went to game management and told them they weren't starting until those girls were single file. Coach of away cheerleaders gives management a hard time, but agrees. He said they still were not single file and there was still not much room to move.

I told him after the first time I asked and they didn't move, I'm getting them off the court. Any thoughts on how you'd handle it?

I don't understand why in the world they insist on going two wide on a baseline that doesn't have much room in the first place. It just drives me insane, and my patience for that is really thin for some reason to start this year.