View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 15, 2018, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
As you said, not a valid reason, but he appeared to be fouled by the kid he assaulted, on an airball 3-pt attempt just prior. I had to replay the video several times and stop it, but if you do that, it looks like contact.

Ok, I’m glad you brought this up and that we have the preceding possession clipped now. This is worth discussing from a mechanics and game management standpoint. I’m not excusing the criminal (that’s what I’m going to call him), but let’s look at what the C on the preceding possession could have done better. The criminal is above the C, and C has an open low look between him and the defender. Then the criminal dribbles low and straightlines the C, who at this point in the game had apparently checked out because he made no effort to improve his view. He should have opened high to get a look between the players (but instead he was planted like a tree). All the more so because L was rotating his way, but even if not, C has GOT to make that adjustment. ESPECIALLY since the criminal had been T’d earlier in the game and was probably already a GFU. By not seeing the foul on the 3-try, the criminal’s fire was fueled, and we all saw the result.

Important to officiate the last five minutes with the same effort as the first five, especially with a GFU on the court. Keep working for open looks until the final horn.

Preventative officiating could have...well...prevented this. Lesson learned for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk