Thread: T or not?
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 14, 2018, 06:25pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Stupid NFHS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
This was a proposed rule change from one of the committee members in April that was ultimately not adopted. As is typical of the NFHS, some editor got ahead of themself, and then some incompetent senior editor let it go to press without the proper quality assurance. How does stuff like this happen every stinkin’ year?
Here's the proposal: The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal uniform or illegal apparel.

Penalty – Direct technical foul charged to the head coach. Rule 10, Section 6, Article 4: The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal uniform (see 3-4) or illegal apparel.

Rationale: It makes the rule easier to understand by officials, coaches & players. We are spending more time discussing what is legal & illegal with uniforms & apparel than we are spending with hand checking, post-play, etc. It will also put more responsibility on coaches to make sure their players are dressed legally.

Proposed by Gene Menees of Hermitage, Tennessee.

Part of me wanted it to go through, and part of me didn't.

I thought that the penalty was too harsh, too harsh so that some officials may not bother enforcing, so it's ignored.

Maybe just make the coach sit with no technical foul of any kind.

Mixed feelings.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)