View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 06, 2018, 10:24am
Esteemed Forum Member

Fanatics ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Hate to break this to you, but Catholic schools are sometimes the worst when it comes to language and attitude.
Our former interpreter, also an NCAA official, used to tell of working a D2 Saint Anselm (New Hampshire) game. He heard some disgusting language coming from the bench, turned to the bench to charge the technical foul, and came face to face with a clerical collar wearing priest, the team chaplain. No matter, the priest was ejected. Each team at Saint Anselm does have a chaplain, my son had one when he ran cross country for the Hawks.

One of our Catholic high schools (since closed) had one of the best basketball programs in the state, and always had a priest on the bench. His behavior never crossed any lines, but he wasn't shy about complaining about some of our calls. They also had a priest as the official scorekeeper. I guessed that he was trustworthy (Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 06, 2018 at 11:35am.