View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 15, 2018, 10:38am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post

Sure, why was he watching neither the ball handler nor defender at the beginning of the clip? Why are NBA refs wearing such tight shirts? Why was he briefly straightlined with the Harden and the ball? Why do some refs signal a made 3 with 2 arms up and others only one? How does it feel to be a national champion? Why do NBA referees change shirt designs so often? Do NBA refs actually look/find a pivot foot when someone holds the ball? Why did you father stop officiating NBA but continue at other levels? There are too many to list in one post?

It isn't the judgement being questioned rather the logic in applying one rule and possibly not another. The NBA explained the non-travel call. If only they explained many others. Won't happen because no one likes to be questioned. That would mean transparency, lol.
Maybe you missed it but there were 2 dads and 3 different officials referenced in my reply.

I cannot speak for any of the 3rd parties involved but, as for myself, I would dissuade you from concerning yourself with advanced issues that are well beyond your current level of training, experience, philosophy, sophistication and salary level.

Seems you have a way to go until you master the requisite skills and nuance pertinent to your current work environment.

If you would like to experience some transparency, have a look at the daily report at

2017-18 NBA Officiating Last Two Minute Reports | NBA Official

You may be able to begin to glean the answers to your impertinent questions.

Last edited by justacoach; Mon Oct 15, 2018 at 10:45am.