View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 14, 2018, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
4th down. QB A7 (who earlier in the game was removed with signs and symptoms of a concussion, but cleared to return) scrambles to the right and throws an incomplete pass before getting roughed and landing out of bounds in his team box. Flag down, clock stopped for an incomplete pass, then for an officials timeout to administer a penalty. When I finish the penalty announcement, I turn to find the trainer on the field inside the hash marks with A7 and she starts running off the field. Her presence does not delay the RFP.

Does A7 need to sit out 1 down? The clock was not stopped for an injured player, and the trainer was not beckoned onto the field.
GIVEN, that A7 had previously been removed for concern about a possible concussion, and the Trainer saw something prompting concern, with that same player, I would risk erring, on the side of caution, and remove A7 for further re-assessment by the Trainer.

If the Trainer's concern was for something other than A7's concussion status (depending on circumstances) I would either have a brief discussion with the Trainer about NFHS 9-8-3, or if appropriate penalize him/her.