View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 13, 2018, 09:48pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Varsity basketball is the highest level I work, but I'm calling this a travel every time I catch it. The moment I'm told to stop calling it I will, but it is being called more the last couple of years (Correctly in my opinion) than it was previously.

I agree with you on this. It is a travel and it's really not that hard to see. Nobody has told me not to call it, BUT nobody else is calling it. As a result I have cut back dramatically on the number of travels that I have called in the last couple of years. Consistency is everything and it's hard to blame the players and coaches for being upset when "He's been making that move all year and it hasn't been called."

But I see traveling is a POE in the books AGAIN this year. Also, our study guide had a couple of questions along the lines of: A1 catches the ball with his left foot on the floor. He goes forward with a one, two action before releasing the ball on a shot...….. (or something like that). Somebody wants this called, but it has been very slow to trickle down. I'm hoping either the trend will reverse itself or they will rewrite the rule:

A player, before releasing a try, may spin, hop, Euro, or whatever. As long as this is smoothly done, it shall be a legal play.

Lonesome Dove